Sorbet is refreshing, sweet, light, and it’s perfect for those people who cannot eat dairy. I personally, am not one of those people, but I do enjoy a simple dairy-free treat like sorbet on occasion. On a hot, summer day, it can’t be beat!
Keep reading to find out how to make this easy and simple raspberry sorbet made with only 5 ingredients: Fresh raspberries, Lemon, Honey, Water and Mint.
The best thing about this recipe is that it uses all-natural ingredients (nothing artificial or refined here). For my sorbet I was able to use freshly picked raspberries from my parents’ garden, and my own fresh mint leaves. The honey I used came from a bee-keeping farm not far from my home as well. So all in, this is a fairly local recipe. And it tastes DELICIOUS!
If you’d like to make this sorbet on your own but aren’t a fan of raspberries, it would be just as easy to use strawberries, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, cherries, or kiwi. In fact, you could probably substitute with just about any fruit of your choosing. Try one out, and let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below.
- In a small saucepan or pot bring water and honey to a boil.
- Let boil for three minutes then take off heat.
- While the water/honey syrup is cooling, purée raspberries, mint leaves, and juice of the lemon. Since this is such a small recipe I only used a magic bullet. But if you increase the recipe you might want to use a blender or food processor for this step.
- Add in the water/honey mixture and purée again.
- Pour the entire mixture into a freezer-safe container with lid and let set for 4-5 hours.
- Every 30 minutes or so, mix the contents of the container with a fork. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the container as well.
- When fully set, serve with fresh mint leaves for garnish.
For an extra special treat: You could also add in a shot of vodka to turn this into spiked sorbet for parties/barbecues...or like, whatever ;)