A few posts back I wrote about making homemade pasta and adding chickpeas and peppers to it. I had a craving for that dish again but didn't feel like making the homemade pasta. So this is a variation on that dish. Instead of using pasta I decided to use potatoes fresh from the garden. It turned out to be a really tasty variation.
Click the title of this post or the "read more" link to find out how easy it is to put together.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cover.
- Let the potatoes cook until they start to get tender. Stir often so that potatoes don't start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When potatoes start to soften (after about 5 minutes) add onions and peppers.
- Add about 3 tbsp water and cover again. The water will help to steam the vegetables.
- Cook until the potatoes and peppers are fully cooked through. (about 10 minutes)
- Add chickpeas and cook for 5 more minutes, uncovered.