Since making the switch to eating whole, real, unprocessed foods, pure maple syrup and pure honey have become my sweeteners of choice. That is....until I discovered this heavenly alternative. It's the easiest thing to make and loaded with nutritional bonuses.
Click the title of this post or the "read more" link to find out how to make it. Do you have 5 minutes to spare? That's all it takes to make this awesome all-natural sweetener.
- As a topping to brownies (check out a recipe for black bean brownies HERE)
- Mixed into plain Greek yogurt
- Poured over sliced bananas
- As a substitute for refined sugars in baking recipes
- On it's own by the spoonful (yes, I may have done that)
- As a sweet marinade for chicken or pork
- As a condiment in chicken wraps
I'm sure there are other uses, and I have a feeling it will be fun to figure out what they are. In the meantime, you can check out THIS ARTICLE on the many health benefits associated with dates. For now, try making some of your own date paste and keeping it handy in your fridge. You'll be glad you did!