Yesterday I wrote about how to make homemade whole wheat tortillas. Check out that post by scrolling down the page, or click HERE. They are perfect for any kind of wrap, and are super easy to make.
Well, yesterday I was heading to a BBQ and wanted to bring some chips and dip as an appetizer. So I decided to use those tortillas to make some of my own tortilla chips. This turned out to be even easier than the tortillas themselves! Here's how I made them:
- Cut up the homemade tortillas into triangle shapes.
- Spread them out onto a baking sheet so that they do not overlap.
- Sprinkle salt on them. (You can even brush a little bit of olive oil on them to let the salt stick better, but I didn't)
- Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Turn them over once, and bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Let them cool completely then store in a container or ziplock bag.
The result were tasty and very crispy chips that are perfect for dipping in some homemade hummus or salsa. LOVE!