Last night I decided to make homemade pasta with scallops and carbonara sauce. It was heavenly, and it's super fast to assemble.
- my mom's frozen homemade linguine (but you could use any pasta you like)
- red onions
- scallops (I used small frozen scallops, about 12 of them for 2 servings)
- olive oil
- 1 egg
- Parmesan cheese (approx 2 tbsp) **This is my dad's homemade parmesan cheese by the way.**
- and fresh ground parsley
- Bring water to a boil in a small - medium pot, depending on how much pasta you're making.
- Let the pasta cook according to package directions. My mom's homemade pasta takes 5-6 minutes to cook.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté onion in about 1-2 tsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- add the pancetta (I used approx 1 oz, just enough for flavour)
- When the pancetta starts to get crisp, add in the mushrooms, zucchini, and scallops.
- Continue to sauté until the scallops are cooked through, approx 2-3 minutes per side.
- In the saucepan, add in the spinach.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 egg, about 1/2 tsp of milk, and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- By now the pasta is probably ready, so take out and drain.
- Add the cooked pasta to the saucepan, and mix all ingredients together.
- Remove from heat.
- Then, working quickly, pour the egg mixture over the pasta to coat. The heat from the pasta will help to cook the eggs.
- Top with fresh parsley. You can also add more paremesan cheese if you wish.