Since I'm new to world of food blogging, I had no idea that bloggers can nominate each other for different awards. So I was pretty surprised to hear from Anna at OnePricklyPear.com when she nominated me for the Dragon's Loyalty Award. I'm touched that she would think of my blog for this recognition award by bloggers, for bloggers.
Read on to find out more about this recognition award and who I nominate. And if you get a chance, be sure to check out Anna's food blog.
So I mentioned that the Dragon's Loyalty Award is a kind of recognition system set up by bloggers to recognize other bloggers. There are a few steps to accepting the award, I've come to learn.
#1) Place the Dragon's Loyalty Award logo on your blog. (Done)
#2) Thank the person who nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. (Thanks again Anna!)
#3) List 7 random facts about you. (See Right)
#4) Nominate 10 other bloggers. This is where it gets fun but also difficult. The truth is, there are a lot of great blogs that I've been following since making the switch to real foods. I have relied on these blogs for inspiration, recipe ideas, and resources. They're also what motivated me to start my own food blog, rather than just keep a list of recipes I've been using.
7 Random Facts about Me
Bloggers I Nominate for the Dragon's Loyalty Award
- Simply Taralynn - The first food blog I ever started following. This girl's personal story of transformation is pretty inspiring.
- Food Babe - A great resource for uncovering the truth about some of the common ingredients that are found in many of the foods we eat. A real eye-opener at times.
- 100 Days of Real Food - I've talked about this blog a lot. Lisa's family's quest to cut out all processed foods for 100 days in a row was really inspiring to me, and made me really start thinking about food differently.
- My (Almost) Natural Life - Pretty cool blog about using all-natural ingredients in many everyday products from healthcare to skincare, cleaning products, etc.
- Fit Foodie - Another personal transformation blog and some really tasty recipes.
- RiddleLove - Home farming, cooking, preserving, and basically living off the Earth as much as possible. Great resource!
- Butter Believer - I have a link to this blog on my inspirations page. It's a hilarious take on food, and she shares a lot of the same views as I do about eating. She does a great job of putting things into perspective in a humorous way.
- The Gracious Pantry - A home cook and blogger who is all about the joy of eating clean and healthy foods. Check out her awesome video about making homemade butter!
- An Italian Canadian Life - Like me, she grew up in an Italian household and discovered the joy of Italian cooking. She does a great job of comparing traditional Italian cuisine with "Italian" cooking in North America.
- Wholesomely Homemade - Sharing similar views to mine, this is a blogger who is all about trying to do more home cooking, using wholesome ingredients and getting away from an over-processed life.